Global Eco Forum
Organized annually by eco-union association in Barcelona, the eco-forums are high-level, multi-stakeholders and participative events aiming to inspire and act towards advancing sustainability. Since 2008 they have gathered opinion leaders and change agents to promote dialogue, innovation and collaboration from key actors of the Euro-Mediterranean region. The focus has been on the critical issues related to sustainable development, climate change, energy, water and economy. The eco-forums have taken place in major Mediterranean cities such as Barcelona, Malaga or Marseille.
· Keynotes + Debates + Workshops
· Exhibition & fair
· Networking & Speed dating
· Live performance & Chill out
· On-line streaming & social media outreach
· Businesses: CEOs, presidents, and directors
· Governance: local, regional and national authorities, policy makers.
· Civil society: NGOs, academics, trade unions,
- To inspire reflection, dialogue and action towards environmental, social and economic sustainability
- To develop networking, collaboration and commitment between the main societal actors
- To build multi-stakeholders, multi-sectorial and inter-generational alliances and partnerships
- Forum sessions to be recorded, live streamed and published with free and open access
- Workshops to be recorded and the conclusions will be published on the website
- The Barcelona Declaration to share a common statement by all partners
A Sustainable Event
- Fair trade and organic catering; green material, zero waste policy and carbon offsetting
- Eco-friendly accommodation, live streaming and app
- North-South & gender balance policy
Based on past editions, participants are mainly from the private sector (46%), public sector (11%), academia (9%) and NGOs (9%). Participant positions include top management (25%), experts (29%), middle management (12%) or other functional origin (students, researchers). Participants are between the 20-30 years (29%), 30-40 years (35%) and 40-50 years (24%). The satisfaction rate is over 95%.